Jan 21, 2017
January 26, 2017 in Mindful Eating Day learn more here.
- Approach eating with your health in mind
- Plan meals ahead of time
- Sit at the table when eating
- Before eating take a moment to look over your plate. Notice the
color and the smells. When eating slow down and actually let
yourself feel the texture and enjoy the taste.
- Slow down....no really SLOW DOWN
Try this exercise:
Next time you have a meal or a snack choose 1 item on your plate
to answer the following questions.
- What color is the food?
- How does it smell?
- Describe the first bite (i.e. is it hot, spicy, juicy,
- Count how many times you chew the first bite.
If you can, try this exercise with someone else so you can talk
out your answers.